In life, there are many things worth watching and studying. Take switches and sockets as an example. From the simple switches and sockets in the past to the multi-functional smart switches and sockets today, there have been significant changes in the way switches are opened and closed. The new switches and sockets bring us a new life concept and provide us with more comfortable enjoyment.
I. Selection of Bathroom Switches and Sockets
When choosing switches and sockets for the bathroom, it is recommended to select waterproof switches and sockets from reputable brands. The quality of the switches and sockets from reputable brands is guaranteed, and the waterproof design can effectively prevent electric shock accidents during bathing and other water use.
Use with Electric Water Heaters
If an electric water heater is installed in the bathroom, it is necessary to use high-quality waterproof three-prong sockets and take appropriate safety measures for grounding holes.
Use with Bathroom Heaters
If a bathroom heater is installed, it is recommended to choose a double switch installed at the entrance of the bathroom. One switch controls the bathroom ceiling light, and the other controls the bathroom heater. This not only ensures usability but also guarantees electrical safety.
Child Safety Measures
To prevent children from being electrocuted, touching the socket with their fingers or inserting metal objects into the socket, sockets with safety barriers are recommended.
II. Installation Requirements for Bathroom Switches and Sockets
After choosing a suitable safety socket, the next step is to install it properly.
Proper Installation Position of the Switch
The position of the concealed switch should be 1.2-1.4 meters above the ground and 150-200 millimeters away from the door frame. The switch's position should correspond to the light position, and the height of switches in the same room should be consistent.
Socket Wiring Requirements
When installing a socket, the wiring must be done according to the rules. The wiring for two-prong or three-prong sockets is different.
(1) Wiring requirements for single-phase two-prong sockets: When the holes are arranged horizontally, they are "left zero, right live," and when arranged vertically, they are "up live, down zero."
(2) Wiring requirements for single-phase three-prong sockets: The top grounding hole must be connected securely to the grounding wire, and the remaining two holes should be wired according to the "left zero, right live" rule. Note that the neutral wire and the protective grounding wire must not be incorrectly connected or connected as one.
For electrical appliances used in the bathroom, it is recommended to keep the switch outside the bathroom. If it must be installed inside the bathroom, the waterproof performance of the switch and socket must be ensured. The socket and switch must be installed at least 0.5 meters above the ground to prevent accidental flooding and electric shock accidents.
- Switches And Sockets
- Power Strip
- Ceiling Mounting Ground Box & Outlet
- Circuit Breaker
- Electrical Power Distribution Box
- Wall Ventilation Exhaust Fan
- LED Home Lighting